With roughly 38 hours to go until we ride out of Copley Square, the 244 riders and 218 crew members committed to Ride 15 have raised over $344,000 for our beneficiaries! We’ve gotten some questions about the weather heading into this weekend. Please know that the planning committee is keeping a close watch on Tropical Storm Jose. Though it’s certainly very windy today, we expect that the storm will move fully out to sea by Saturday, leaving us with excellent weather conditions for Ride Day.
Ride Week Reminders
You trained, planned, and fundraised all summer long, and Ride Day is FINALLY here! To make sure you have the best Ride weekend possible, please make sure you’ve done everything on this to do list:
- BUY A PARKING PASS. Quantities are limited, so buy your 100 Clarendon Street overnight parking pass ASAP. Please note: you must be logged in to your account to view the parking pass form on the H2B website.
- RSVP FOR CLOSING CEREMONY/DINNER Participants may bring up to 5 guests; dinner for riders and crew is free and is $15 for each guest. TODAY is the last day to RSVP for dinner. You must be logged into your account to access the RSVP form.
- RSVP FOR BRUNCH Riders and crew are each allowed one guest and the price for a guest ticket is $10 cash at the door. YOU MUST RSVP TODAY, there will be NO walk-ins accepted for brunch. You must be logged into your account to access the RSVP form.
- FINALIZE YOUR RIDE WEEKEND TRANSPORTATION. Feel free to use the H2B forums (once logged into your account) to see if anyone is offering a carpool to Sagamore or a ride back to Boston on Sunday. This year, H2B is offering EXTREMELY LIMITED transportation for riders and bikes to the Sagamore Bridge. To inquire about reserving a space for you and your bike, contact Lauren Doty by noon on Friday. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DRINK EXTRA WATER; make sure your ride gear & outfit are ready to go.
- WATCH THE SAFETY VIDEOS.
- PICK UP RIDE DAY KITS AND CHECK IN FOR RIDE WEEKEND. Friday at Club Café, from 1-8pm.
- PICK UP YOUR FUNDRAISING INCENTIVES AT REGISTRATION.
- REVIEW THE RIDE WEEK AGENDA, make sure you know where to be and when on Ride day.
- CREW: MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO GET TO YOUR PIT STOP.
- DROP OFF LUGGAGE at Friday registration.
- DRINK EXTRA WATER, make sure you EAT.
- DO NOT SPEND YOUR WHOLE DAY REFRESHING YOUR FUNDRAISING TOTALS.
- Eat a solid breakfast.
- Be on time for Ride Out.
- Bring full water bottles.
- HAVE FUN!
Harbor to the Bay wouldn’t happen without our dedicated riders and crew. We can’t wait to see you for Ride Fifteen this Saturday. Thank you for all you do to support our beneficiaries! Here’s to a fun, safe, and sunny ride! Don’t forget – whether you choose the full or half ride or to crew, we’re here to support you, every step of the way.
The H2B Board & Planning Committee