In just 4 days, the 275 of you signed up to ride and the 190 of you signed up to crew will spend your Saturday making Ride 14 one of our best yet. We’ve already raised over $320,000 and are within reach of our $500,000 goal! By now, we hope you have watched the mandatory safety videos. Remember – if you do not watch the videos ahead of time, you will have to do so before registration.
Ride Week Details
- We hope that you received your ride week brochure in the mail; all of the other information can also be found in the Ride Week Agenda, including the Saturday morning schedule of events at Copley Square and Sagamore. Copley full day rider check in begins at 4:30 am and Sagamore check in begins at 8:30 am.
- Luggage: if you are staying overnight in Provincetown, H2B will transport your luggage to the Harbor Hotel for pick up. You can drop off luggage at Friday registration, or at Trinity Church or Sagamore check in. More information about luggage pick up is in the ride week agenda.
- If you need a parking pass for the weekend, we are selling discounted passes to the 100 Clarendon Street Garage. To buy your pass online, you must do so by Thursday! Quantities are limited, so buy your pass early, but we may have some remaining for cash-only purchase at registration. Please note: you must be logged in to your account to view the parking pass form on the H2B website.
- Looking to carpool or need someone to drive your car down to Provincetown? You can use the H2B forums (once logged into your account) to post a question and share information with other riders and crew.
- We know that you are anxious to reach your fundraising goals, but PLEASE – do not spend your whole Friday refreshing your profile to see your total. Site traffic will be extremely high and it makes it difficult for donors to complete the online gift form. Take a sip of water, and post a last minute ask on Facebook instead!
TONIGHT: Crew Night!
Crew – join us at Club Café today from 6-8pm to receive all your materials and to let us thank you for your work. We will have a drawing for one JetBlue coupon and other prizes. Make sure that you are registered for location on ride day – log into your account and choose the “select crew task” option.
Every rider and crew will receive a yellow wristband during packet pick up or on ride day. PLEASE wear your wristband and do not remove it as the wristband is your ticket into dinner and brunch.
RSVP for the Closing Ceremony & Brunch
The Boatslip is again the home of our Closing Ceremonies and Dinner, and we are excited to announce that Randy Price will emcee our closing ceremonies this year! Participants may bring up to 5 guests; dinner
for riders and crew is free and is $10 for each guest. Guest reservations must be made and paid for in advance. Log in and make your reservations today.
Brunch is Back!
We’re excited to announce that for our Ride 14 riders and crew, Sunday brunch is on us, and will feature Ketel One Bloody Mary’s! Our friends at Tin Pan Alley will host H2B Sunday morning. Seatings will be every 30 minutes starting at 9am. Want to bring someone with you? Riders and crew are each allowed one guest and the price for a guest ticket is $10 cash at the door. Log in and make your reservations today. Excited for brunch? Here’s the recipe for the Ketel One
Bloody you’ll be savoring on Sunday morning: Combine 1.5 oz. Ketel One® Vodka or Ketel One Citroen® Flavored Vodka and 3 oz. Ketel One Bloody Mary Base* in a mixing glass. Shake with ice and strain into a collins glass filled with ice. Garnish with a celery stalk, olive, lemon wedge or bacon. For the full recipe for Ketel One’s bloody mix, complete with extra horseradish and smoked paprika, check out their website!
Course Routes and Maps
Riders – you’ll receive copies of the route and map at registration, but please familiarize yourself with H2B’s route and markings ahead of ride day.
Pit Stop Hours and Driving Directions
Below are the hours of operation for all pit stops for Ride 14. Riders, please keep these times in mind as you pace your ride. You must be through the Pit Stop by the time it closes or you will be sagged further down the route.
|Pit Stop 1- 6:30 am – 8:45 am||Pit Stop 6 -11:30am – 3:45pm|
|Pit Stop 2- 7:15am – 9:45am||Pit Stop 7-11:45am – 4:15pm|
|Pit Stop 3- 8:00am – 11:00am||Pit Stop 8- 12:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Pit Stop 4- 8:30am – 12:45pm||Pit Stop 9- 12:45pm – 6:00pm|
|Pit Stop 5 -10:45 am – 2:15pm||Pit Stop 10- 1:00pm – 6:30pm|
Crew:Please download a pit stop guide (http://www.harbortothebay.org/wp-content/uploads/H2BPitStops2016.pdf) for the addresses of each pit stop.
Fast Riders: please note that the second half of the ride does not open until 10:30 am. If you arrive at the bridge before then you will be asked to wait and join the half day riders with their start.
Ride Week Advice
With only 4 days to go, the time to start hydrating is NOW. We want you to be healthy and ready for ride day, so up your water intake now! There are quite a few blog posts with advice for riders: here is one from Team YLC and another from Tim Fitz
Harbor to the Bay wouldn’t happen without our dedicated riders and crew. We can’t wait to see you for Ride Fourteen this Saturday. Thank you for all you do to support our beneficiaries! Here’s to a fun, safe, and sunny ride! Don’t forget – whether you choose the full or half ride or to crew, we’re here to support you, every step of the way.
The H2B Board & Planning Committee